I got on here today, for the first time in a very long time, and I thought “maybe I’ll publish one of the posts sitting in my draft box.” And then I noticed how long it had actually been. Every post in there was over 7 months old, and therefore completely out of date.
So, instead, here is an update on a few of the things that have been going on around here this year.
1. I finally organized the laundry room and added a countertop to the top of the machines for folding.
2. We went black Friday hunting and upgraded our rusty, biscuit-gone-contact-paper colored dish washer to a shiny stainless one.
3. The living room was not only painted, but we replaced our old sofa with two lovely gray sofas from a discount warehouse.
4. Derek and I both built our own computers over the summer. And, now, we have begun taking coding classes together online. (Thanks Groupon!)
5. We were very sad to lose Wally last fall. But, we have grown to love the new member of the family–Etsy–a year old golden-retriever mix.
6. We hung up Christmas lights outside this year! We also hosted his family for Thanksgiving and my family for Christmas dinner.
7. Derek and I celebrated our third anniversary with a much needed escape to a casino in Indiana.
2013 may have resulted in very few blog posts, but it was also not our most productive year. My job has taken a lot out of me lately, and by the time I get home, I just don’t feel like writing or crafting. My time-consuming accomplishments mostly amounted to knocking my Netflix playlist down a few notches.
Here’s the catch, we have big plans for 2014.
The kitchen counters have to be replaced–they are chipping into food!
The outside house trim has to be stripped and painted!
The garden isn’t a garden anymore and something has to be done about that!
It is very likely that the pool may not be going up again this summer, so a plan must be formed and executed for the giant sandbox it left behind!
And, most importantly, I have to get off my butt and decide what I really want to do with my life. Yippee!!
I’m sorry guys. I’m sorry I quit writing. I’m sorry I’m not chipper and happy all the time, especially in this post. This year has been hard on me, and Derek I think. But, I know, things are going to get better. My goal this year: to take back a small measure of control over my life and feelings; if that means more blogging then great, if not I will not be paying for web-hosting again next July. Wish me luck!